Sunday, May 21, 2006
  Nikki: The Departure (April 1, 2006: Part I)

[A "nikki" is a journal.  I will be posting excerpts from the journal I kept while on this two week trip to Japan.  Occasionally, I will insert my current reflections, marked in italics, among the journal selections.]


(Approximately 5:45 am.)



Left my house 3:30 am. Brandon, from work, was nice enough to pick me up at that hour.


I was able to change to the 6 o'clock flight since I arrived so early.


Checking in was relatively smooth although my large carry-on would not fit without removing quite a few items.


My mother, Aunt Nobuko, Uncle Baker, Val and Carlos have been in Japan well over a day now.  It sounds as though their trip was uneventful.  I have to admit feeling some trepidation in finally departing for Japan.  So much work has been put into this trip already...that I feel exhausted even before leaving Orlando.  I think the excitement of it all will build as I near Nihon.

(to be continued)


Powered by Qumana


 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home



[A "nikki" is a journal.  I will be posting excerpts from the journal I kept while on this two week trip to Japan.  Occasionally, I will insert my current reflections, marked in italics, among the journal selections.]

Name:
Location: United States
ARCHIVES
January 2006 / May 2006 / August 2006 / August 2007 / October 2007 /


Powered by Blogger